Based at our training centre in Highgate our Choices/Employability programmes are designed to cater for young people with a wide variety of interests, goals and support needs. The programmes are tailored to the needs and interests of each learner with a focus on gaining employment and indepedent living skills.
Skills Pathway: Choices/Employabilty
Aimed at young people aged 16-24, this is a holistic programme that develops learner's employability skills as well as life skills and basic skills. It prepares learners who need additional support to enter mainstream training, further education and work. The training is funded by the Education Funding Agency.
What do we have to offer?
- Free training for young people with learning difficulties / disabilities and other support needs (subject to eligibility)
- An individually tailored programme. The length and content of the training is matched to individual needs and goals.
- Full-time training, usually between 16 and 28 hours per week
Skills Pathway - Choices
This programme is aimed at young people who are unsure about their career direction and would like to improve their independent living and/or employability skills. Learners will have a chance to:
- gain work experience in a wide range of vocational areas;
- work towards a City and Guilds Skills for Working Life qualification;
- work toward English, maths and ICT qualifications inc. Functional Skills;
- gain personal skills and confidence;
- progress on to further education or employment.
All programmes include:
- Individual vocational guidance
- Help with reading, writing and maths
- Opportunities to develop independent living skills
- Communication and social skills
- Working with computers
- Help finding a job, further training or further education
- Life coaching and counselling
- Personal development
- Support into employment / FE with follow up and aftercare support
- An annual residential outward bound course and social events
and lots more!
Call our Recruitment Team on 020 83457 7989 or click here.
David, “It’s a really friendly place. The staff and learners are very nice and it’s a nice place to work.”
Sam, “I like the staff and trainees. I like the lessons. I like the work experience as well. I’m leaving soon to do child care at college.”