Harington could not exist without of the support of the local community, volunteers, friends and funding bodies. There are many ways that you can help Harington:
Each year we need to raise over £150,000 to allow our services to continue and develop. Every donation, small or large, is important to us, so whatever the amount it will make a difference.
You can make a one off donation or set up a regular donation online through our partner Just Giving. Click here to donate.
To donate by text, send DRPW12 followed by the amount of your donation to 70070 (don't forget to included the £ sign e.g. DRPW12 £10)
To make a donation by post please click here to download and print a donation and gift aid form. Send your donation to:
The Harington Scheme, 55a Cholmeley Park, London, N6 5EH
If you are a UK tax payer we can recover an additional 25% of your donations from the Inland Revenue; all you need to do is complete the Gift Aid section of the donation form.
Our partnerships with grant-making trusts and foundations of all sizes enable us to develop new projects and improve our services and resources, as well as contributing to our core costs. Regular and one-off support from trusts, foundations, clubs and companies makes a real difference to our learners and our work.
Your organisation’s support could be directed towards a specific project or to the organisation as a whole. There are several ways in which you could help for example:
- contributing towards the salary of a specialist member of staff;
- sponsoring the shortfall in funding for one or more trainees c.£ 3,000 per trainee;
- funding a specific activity, for example our learners' annual residential holiday;
- funding for specific training resources, equipment or tools;
- or support toward general running costs.
If your organisation is interested in supporting us the Scheme Manager would be happy to discuss our current projects with you. Please contact Joanna Baxter on 020 3457 7997 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Volunteers make a vital contribution to Harington by giving their time, skills and expertise. Our volunteers come from all walks of life. We value the active participation of people with a diverse range of experience. Volunteering is a two-way exchange, which benefits both the individual and Harington. It can be very rewarding and gives you the chance to learn new skills and share your experience.
You could help by:
- assisting with teaching on a one-to-one or group basis;
- supporting individual learners in developing literacy or numeracy skills; especially reading and writing;
- assisting with other activities, e.g. job coaching, travel training and events;
- becoming a trustee and supporting the management of the Scheme;
- sharing your expertise, e.g. PR / legal / computing / fundraising;
- helping with administration and fundraising;
- offering practical help with site maintenance (indoors and outdoors).
Interested in becoming a volunteer? Call Kate on 020 3457 7997
The Friends of Harington was started in the same year, 1980, as the Harington Scheme. It raises funds for the Harington, and its members take a keen interest in our trainees and their progress.
The Friends' aims are:
- to provide trainees with opportunities for social, leisure and welfare activities which cannot come from statutory funding;
- to build and maintain a link between the Scheme and the surrounding community;
- to give financial support to trainees through subscriptions, donations and occasional fundraising social events.
Subscription: Minimum £10.00 annually and whatever you decide to pay. Your subscription entitles you to:
- a newsletter twice a year keeping you in touch with developments;
- advance notice of all activities on the site, including open days and sales;
- information about forthcoming fundraising events organised by the Friends.