Job: English Tutor
Location: Highgate, North London
Contract Type: Fixed term up to July 2017
FT/PT: Full-time (part-time/job share applicants will be considered)
Salary: £24,921-27,691 per annum
Position available from August 2015
Closing date: 27th July 2015 at 9 am
Interviews: 29th or 30th July 2015
The Harington Scheme is a charity that delivers high quality Study Programmes young people aged 16 – 25 years old with learning difficulties and/or disabilities who are aiming to develop their skills towards employment or further education. We are looking for a motivated, learner-centred, outstanding teacher to teach English up to GCSE level.
The ideal candidate will have:
- experience of teaching English (up to Level 2/GCSE)
- a Certificate in Education, DTLLS or equivalent
- Level 4 subject specialism in English or relevant degree (desirable)
- a passion for working with young people and advancing their education and achievements
- experience of working with students with a range learning difficulties, disabilities and behavioural issues
- excellent planning, organisation and team working skills.
This post involves working with young people under 18 and vulnerable adults and appointment will be subject to a Disclosures and Barring Service check.
To apply please download the application pack and application form above.
Please note: Applications must be made on a Harington application form and that CVs are not accepted in place an application form.