The Harington Charity Shop is clothes, shoes, bags, books, children’s toys, DVDs and some interesting and sometimes unusual bric-a-brac. We will also have a selection of Harington Christmas cards available in December – just in case you can’t make our ever-popular Christmas Sale on Saturday 8th December 2018 (9am to 1pm at our main site in Cholmeley Park).
As well as raising vital funds for Harington, the shop also provides valuable work experience for some of our learners who are working towards a career in the retail sector.
To make a donation please visit the shop during opening hours. We welcome donations of the following items:
- Good quality, clean clothing
- Jewellery and accessories
- Music (CDs, vinyl, musical instruments)
- DVDs and Blu-rays
- Homewares (china, ornaments, pictures, collectables)
- Toys and games
- Stamps and coins
Sorry, we can't accept any of the the following items:
- Anything broken or dirty, unsafe, or with missing parts
- Electrical goods that run off the mains (including computers)
- Large items of furniture
- Safety equipment or headgear (e.g. cycle helmets, motorcycle crash helmets, child car seats)
- Prams, pushchairs, buggies or high chairs
- Curtains and blinds
- Bedding or soft furnishings (e.g. pillows, quilts and cushions)
There are some other items that we cannot sell for safety or legal reasons. If in doubt, please call us before donating: 020 3457 7990.
Our volunteers help us to sort, price and sell our stock, working alongside our shop staff, learners and support staff. If you are interested in volunteering in the shop and would like to find out more, please email or call into the shop and speak to Barbara or Mary.