The Harington Charity Shop on Archway Road is clothes, shoes, bags, books, children’s toys, DVDs and interesting and sometimes unusual bric-a-brac.
As well as raising vital funds for Harington, the shop also provides valuable work experience for some of our learners who are working towards a career in the retail sector.
To make a donation please visit the shop during opening hours. We welcome donations of the following items:
- Good quality, clean clothing
- Jewellery and accessories
- Music (CDs, vinyl, musical instruments)
- DVDs and Blu-rays
- Homewares (china, ornaments, pictures, collectables)
- Toys and games
- Stamps and coins
Sorry, we can't accept any of the the following items:
- Anything broken, dirty, unsafe, or with missing parts
- Electrical goods with a mains power supply (computers, TVs etc)
- White goods (washing machines, cookers, fridges etc)
- Large items of furniture
- Safety equipment or headgear (e.g. cycle helmets, motorcycle crash helmets, child car seats)
- Prams, pushchairs, buggies or high chairs
- Bedding or soft furnishings (pillows, quilts, cushions etc)
- Firearms or weapons
- Kitchen knives
- Real fur items
There are some other items that we cannot sell for safety or legal reasons. If in doubt, please call us before donating: 020 3457 7990.
Please don't leave your donations outside the shop - sadly most bags will be tampered with if left outside overnight.
Our volunteers help us to sort, price and sell our stock, working alongside our shop staff, learners and support staff. If you are interested in volunteering in the shop and would like to find out more, please email or call into the shop and speak to Barbara or Mary.