Job: Gardening Team Supervisor (Temporary)
Location: Highgate, North London
Contract Type: Temporary, 3 days per week (22.5 hours)
Salary: £23,437-£25,721 per annum (pro-rata @ 0.6)
Position available from Mid March 2018
Closing date: 19th February 2018
- Relevant vocational qualifications and/or proven experience of horticultural work
- Sound plant knowledge and knowledge of horticultural procedures and processes.
- Demonstrable knowledge and understanding of Health and Safety requirements.
- Full clean drivers licence and experience of driving vans/work vehicles.
- The ability to work as an effective member of a team
- Good customer service skills
- Ability to supervise and coach inexperienced team members or a commitment to developing supervisory skills
- Knowledge of/commitment to Equal Opportunities.
- Good standard of written and verbal communication and administrative skills.
- Commitment to ensuring the safeguarding and well-being of children and vulnerable adults and ability to follow safeguarding procedures
Main function: To contribute to the efficient operation of Harington Gardeners’ that provides garden maintenance and landscaping services on commercial lines and employs young people with learning difficulties/disabilities, helping to prepare them for open employment, further education or independent living. Supervise gardening teams on site, drive company vehicles and ensure that health, safety and welfare of trainees and assistant gardeners is maintained.
The initial contract is for a fixed term ending 31st October 2018 and may be extended subject to performance and funding.
To apply please send your CV and a covering letter, outlining how you meet the Essential Criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org